Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday they post a new Top Ten list prompt. This week’s list is – 10 Wishes I’d Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me! This one should be easy enough. 🙂 As always, feel free to leave me your top ten or a link to your post in the comments below.
10. The ability to speed-read! I have a TBR pile that I can’t possible get through in my lifetime. If I could zip through a book or two in an afternoon I might just might make a dent in it before I die!
9. An afternoon of tea and scones with Agatha Christie. She’s always been one of my favorites and I’d love to have a nice chat with her about Hercule Poirot over a steaming cup of Earl Gray.
8. Two more hours a day, one in the morning, and one before bed, to be devoted solely to reading. Ok, in all honesty, the extra hour before bed might occasionally be used to get an extra hour of sleep.
7. More books, since I’d now have more time to read them.
6. A passage to Narnia inside my wardrobe. (And a wardrobe. I don’t have a wardrobe.)
5. A cozy little reading nook somewhere in my house to spend my extra 2 hours in.
4. Multilingualism. I’ve read poetry by Pablo Neruda in both the original Spanish and in English, and the translation just cannot compare to the original. I want to read George Simenon’s Maigret novels in French, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo in the original Swedish, and so on.
3. A previously undiscovered Sherlock Holmes novel!
2. A home library large enough to house my ever-expanding collection of books.
1. A secret door behind a bookcase hidden somewhere in that library!
Now who can tell me where to find the Book Genie?!