Hello everyone. Please help me to welcome Nick Knardirell to The Book’s the Thing today. Nick is the author of Minnesota: Her Account; Her View, and I’m pleased to be able to share this interview with you.
- When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
At the age of 6, I had to stay home from school due to having Chicken Pox. I began journaling and haven’t stopped writing!
- What made you choose your particular genre?
The thrill of the dark world of crime. I mean, I do my absolute best at staying within the confines of the law so I can only fantasize about that way of living. It’s the adrenaline rush I get from thinking about it. The euphoria!
- What is your current writing project? (or what did you just finish, if that’s more applicable)
My latest crime fiction thriller, Minnesota: Her Account; Her View, details the life of a Croatian female crime boss who lives as an “upstanding citizen with civil duties” on one hand yet she rules in the crime world on the other.
- Do you have a favorite book that you’ve written? (or a favorite character, setting, etc…)
My favorite character in this work is one of the smaller characters who has to work through some not so fortunate happenings but he overcomes!
- Do you have any writing rituals that you adhere to?
Yes; I set a time goal and I don’t stop until that time is up. Anything that begs my attention has to wait until I’m done.
- Do you experience writers’ block, and if so, how do you deal with it?
Of course! When that happens, I force myself close my eyes to daydream about what I’ve written so far; does it make sense or what else would be going on during that event. I block out any noise or distractions. When I do this I connect with the characters and the block is over. Their tendencys, habits and characteristics all become my own and I can then write it out.
- Favorite authors / genres / writing influences?
I don’t have any one favorite author as I read for recreation sporadically. As for genres, I like crime, religion and drama. I’ve never wanted to read erotica or fantasy.
- Do your real life acquaintances or experiences ever find their way into your writing?
They do, but I try to make it so removed from the actual event because people do like to come after you for money.
- What keeps you going while writing – coffee or tea?
Actually while I’m writing, I’m too caught up to eat or drink. Writing is my drug, my device my calming go to. The characters and the excitement of being the creator in this world is what keeps me going.
- What hobbies do you enjoy when you’re not writing?
I like not so everyday experiences. I cherish spending time with family and friends. Oh, and nothing warms me more than a long phone conversation with someone I’m very comfortable with.
- What book(s) / series can we expect to see from you in the future?
There is one more Minnesota book.
You can visit Nick’s Amazon Author Page for more info, or follow her on Twitter.
One thought on “Interview with Author Nick Knardirell”
Enjoyed the interview. The books sound more intense than I usually read but interesting.
LikeLiked by 1 person