Candy Corn Murder by Leslie Meier
Lucy Stone Mystery #23
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Rating: *** (3 of 5 stars)
Description from Goodreads: Halloween is coming to Tinker’s Cove, Maine, and local reporter Lucy Stone is covering the town’s annual Giant Pumpkin Fest for the Pennysaver. There’s the pumpkin-boat regatta, the children’s Halloween party, the pumpkin weigh-in…even a contest where home-built catapults hurl pumpkins at an old Dodge! But not everything goes quite as planned…
This is the 23rd Lucy Stone mystery, but it works fine as a standalone story. You don’t need to have read any of the previous books to enjoy this one.
What are you reading Wednesday – 8/26/15
What Are You Reading Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by It’s A Reading Thing. To participate, open the book you are currently reading to page 34 (or 34% in your ebook) and answer these three questions.
The Questions are:
1. What’s the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34 in your book or 34% in your eBook and share a complete sentence. (or two!)
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?
Now for my answers this week…
- Candy Corn Murder by Leslie Meier
- She found herself feeling rather anxious as she climbed the stairway, which was dark and cramped, and she breathed a sigh of relief when they reached the meeting room, which was surprisingly large and airy, with windows overlooking Main Street.
- Tinker’s Cove Maine seems like a nice enough little town, and as long as the crime spree in the book gets handled first, I wouldn’t mind living there!
So how about you? What are you reading this week? Let me know, or leave a link to your own post in the comments. Happy reading! 🙂