Amanda over at The Literary Counsellor nominated me for this award (a while ago – sorry Amanda! I’m behind on my tag and award posts, but trying to catch up!) that celebrates new bloggers.
Here are the rules:
1 – Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2 – Answer the 10 questions given by the nominator.
3 – Nominate and link 10 bloggers .
4 – Notify all the bloggers you’ve nominated.
5 – Create 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
Here are the questions I was given and my answers:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
I’d been posting reviews on Goodreads and Riffle for a while, but wanted someplace I could do a little more.
- Which of your posts is your favourite so far? Link!
I really enjoyed reading The Girl on the Train, so that review is probably my favorite.
- What is your favourite snack for when you are reading?
I try to avoid snacks while reading (I lose track of what I’m eating when I’m engrossed in a good book and over-do it!), but I do like to have a cup of coffee or tea to go with my book.
- Who is your favourite fictional character? Why?
Hercule Poirot – I’ve been reading Agatha Christie since 4th grade. Every other year or so I re-read Hallowe’en Party in the fall, or Hercule Poirot’s Christmas at Christmas time, and I’ve read nearly every other Poirot novel. After so many books and so many years, I feel like he’s an old friend, albeit an eccentric one.
- Have you ever read a book just because you liked the cover? What was it?
I’m sure I have many times. The last time I remember doing it was with A Killer Read by Erika Chase. I was looking for a cozy mystery anyway, and the two Siamese on the cover made me choose it over several others that I was considering. I wasn’t disappointed!
- What is your dream job and why?
I would love to be an author, and be able to make my living at it. The thought of other people reading and enjoying something that I wrote is very appealing.
- Do you prefer hardcover, soft cover, or e-books?
I love them all! I love the look of hardcovers on my bookshelves, but I prefer to read paperbacks or ebooks.
- What’s the most delicious meal you have ever eaten? And where were you?
Grilled mahi-mahi. At a restaurant right on the beach on the island of Maui. I can’t remember the name of the restaurant, but it was incredible!
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A million different things. 🙂 I remember wanting to be a vet, an actor, a forensic scientist (after an 8th grade trip to Washington DC and a visit to the FBI building…), and at one time, a truck driver!
- Describe your hometown in 3 words.
Growing, diverse, busy
Now that I’ve answered my questions, here are the 10 I’ve come up with:
1. Is there a certain time of day when you find yourself most inspired to write?
2. Do you have a favorite genre when it comes to books, or do you read a little of everything?
3. Chocolate or vanilla?
4. Where is the farthest from home that you have traveled? Would you like to live there?
5. What was your favorite book to have read to you when you were a child?
6. Favorite color?
7. If you could invite any fictional character, living or dead, to dinner, who would it be and what would you serve?
8. Coffee or tea?
9. What’s your favorite movie?
10. What’s the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
Now the nominees…I’m hard pressed to find anyone who does not have a recent Leibster award post on their blog, so I will leave this open to anyone willing to answer my questions! 🙂 I hope someone will take me up on it. If you do, leave a link or a comment below so others can check out your post.