Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday they post a new Top Ten list prompt. This week’s theme is anything Thanksgiving related. I’ve decided to share 10 bookish things that I am thankful for, and I hope you’ll leave me a comment to let me know what you are thankful for, book related or not!
I am thankful for…
10. All of the authors who pour their heart and soul into the stories that I love.
9. Teachers who read stories out loud to their classes. Hearing my teacher read A Wrinkle in Time in 5th grade sparked a love for science fiction and fantasy stories that I still have to this day.
8. The book blogging community where I have been able to connect with so many wonderful book-loving people!
7. Living in a place and time where I am free to choose what I want to read, and when I want to read it.
6. The opportunity to go to school to learn to read!
4. Independent bookstores – full of books, stationary, gifts, and personality that you don’t always find in the big chain stores.
2. Libraries, where you can read the latest bestsellers, learn a new craft, meet a local author, and so much more.
1. Growing up in a house full of books, where I was read to and saw everyone else reading. Now I’m making sure my kids grow up in a book-loving household too!