Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday they post a new Top Ten list prompt. This week’s theme is Top Ten Resolutions for the new year. To keep with the theme of the blog, I’m going to stick to reading and bookish resolutions for my list.
10. I resolve to get caught up on NetGalley! I have requested so many digital review copies (it’s too easy – just a click!) and haven’t read and reviewed as many as I want. I’ll try to stay away except for posting links to my reviews…
9. I resolve to read more books that I actually want to read this year. I do read lots of books that I want to read, but I also find myself saying yes to requests for reviews of books that sound ok, but I’m not really that excited about. No more!
8. I resolve to write my review as soon as I finish a book. I have a bad habit of waiting and a week or so later when I try to write a review, the book is no longer as fresh in my mind.
7. More reading, less TV! Honestly, I don’t plan to watch that many shows, but I do catch myself paying attention to whatever someone else is watching instead of reading the book in my hand. If I can’t ignore it, I’ll move to another room.
6. I resolve to get more sleep – by doing less reading in bed. If I stick with #7, I should be able to keep this one, right? 😛
5. I resolve to catch up with Harry Dresden. I love this series, but have gotten a few books behind and keep “meaning to get to them”. I plan to fix that this year.
4. I resolve to buy fewer books. This sounds terrible, I know, but I buy them faster than I can read them, and I’m running out of room to store my unread books!
3. This goes along with #4 – I resolve to read more books that are already sitting on my bookshelves this year. I always buy more, borrow from the library, etc…and I have books that have been sitting on my shelves for years that I really do want to read.
2. I resolve to get caught up on my author requests – I have a pile of outstanding books to read and review that I need to finish, and I won’t accept any more until I catch up.
1. I resolve to stop requesting every single ARC I see. (Ok, I don’t request them ALL, but I request way too many!) I will do my best to stick to the books I really want to read in the very near future. My bookshelves will thank me for this one.
That’s all for me (wish me luck! 🙂 ), now it’s your turn. Have you made any resolutions, bookish or otherwise, for 2016?