What are you reading Wednesday – 10/21/15
What Are You Reading Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by It’s A Reading Thing. (I’ve noticed that the last post on their site is from 10/7 – hopefully it is just a temporary hiatus!) To participate, open the book you are currently reading to page 34 (or 34% in your ebook) and answer these three questions.
The Questions are:
1. What’s the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34 in your book or 34% in your eBook and share a complete sentence. (or two!)
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?
Now for my answers this week…
As usual, I am reading several, but here’s one I haven’t mentioned yet…
2. Forgive me, but I don’t have the book with me right now so I can’t grab a quote! Here’s part of the Goodreads description instead, and I’ll come back later and add my sentences from page 34.
In the spring of 2003 on a desolate stretch of Arizona highway, Anton Mackey’s life was changed forever. A reckless decision to get behind the wheel when he was in no condition to drive spawned a moment that threatened to destroy everything the 21 year-old had spent his life working toward. In an instant, Anton made a decision to save himself. A decision that claimed the lives of two people.
UPDATE: Ok – finally came back to add my sentences! There’s nothing too exciting happening on page 34 though…
“She gathered a few stems in her fingers, pulled them out, creating a small bouquet. She slid the hair tie of her ponytail and used it to bind the stems.”
3. Takes place in modern day Miami – I wouldn’t mind visiting, but I can’t take the humidity so I have to say no, I wouldn’t want to live there.
Be sure to tell me what you are reading or leave a link to your post in the comments! And before I go….I just wanted to point out that today is National Reptile Awareness Day, in case you were not aware. You’re welcome. 🙂