What are you reading Wednesday – 9/16/15
What Are You Reading Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by It’s A Reading Thing. To participate, open the book you are currently reading to page 34 (or 34% in your ebook) and answer these three questions.
The Questions are:
1. What’s the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34 in your book or 34% in your eBook and share a complete sentence. (or two!)
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?
Now for my answers this week…
I have a bad habit of starting a book, then getting distracted by another book, and then another, so I end up reading several at once. I’m STILL reading The Mine and Siege and Storm (my last 2 weeks WAYRW books!), but I’ve also started another….
2. “I agree. Also, of course, the alternative is ridiculous for me. Leaving here, you can go straight home, phone Mr. Helmar that you are there and will see him in the morning, and go to bed, leaving me to go whistle for my dinner. I’ll have to risk that; there’s no way around it.”
3. If we can make this a time-travel story with a convenient portal so that I can get back home to my laptop and air-conditioning, then absolutely! I would love to visit Wolfe’s brownstone and wander the streets of 1940’s NY. I wouldn’t even mind staying for a while. I don’t think I’d be prepared to give up my modern life and live there permanently though.
So that’s me this week. How about you – what are YOU reading?